My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

April 28th 2006

My Heavenly Father,
     I thank you for letting me live on this beautiful earth for 79 years. I thank you for letting me see my children grow up and to see my grandchildren grow up and to see nine great-grandchildren and to see one of them be sixteen years old. I am so grateful for all you have done for me. I love my family so much and I pray that you will keep all of them close to you and meet all of their needs and save the ones who are lost so one day all of us can be together in Heaven with you Lord Jesus. I will bow at your feet Jesus and thank you for all you did for me, for dying on the cross for my sins and for rising in the air and going back to Heaven on the right hand of the Father. One day when I get there you will say, "she belongs to me, she gave her heart to me a long time ago at West Monroe Church." Praise your Holy Name.


"The Lord is not slow about his promise as some think of slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance."
- 2 Peter 3:9

     Lord, thank you that you are patient with doubters. Please help me to be patient too and to come to you for what we need in order to commit ourselves fully to you. Amen 

Thought for the Day:
God offers acceptance and reassurance to all who doubt.

     Thank you Lord for sending Lewis and Rosa into my life.
     
I love you Lord Jesus and I praise you! 

I thank you for every blessing you have given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment