My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

Sayings I Remember from the Past

  • Never eat ice-cream and fish together.
  • When you see a load of hay, make a wish and turn away so your wish will come true. 
  • Break a looking glass and have seven years of bad luck.
  • When a bird gets in the house, someone will die. 
  • Pretty is as pretty does.
  • Black cat runs across your path, you will have bad luck.
  • You can go, but better make haste and get back.
  • You can't go swimming until you learn to swim.
  • Haste makes waste.
  • A watch pot never boils.
  • If you get your stomach wet washing dishes, you will marry a drinking man.

No comments:

Post a Comment