My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

June 17th 2006

My Heavenly Father,
     Thank you for this beautiful day. Forgive me of all my sins and help me be what you would have me be. I need you every hour of the day and night. 
     Thank you for my family. Would you stay close to them and meet their needs? Bless Dave and Lori. I pray Lori is feeling better. I pray for little Lindsey. I pray for Ted and all of his family.
     I pray for our country, Father. May our leaders look to you for what to do.
     I pray for our churches to preach the word and draw people to you. I feel like you are coming soon in the clouds of glory to take your people home. I want to be ready when you come.


"In all of your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
- Proverbs 3:6

     God of all times and places, show us the way to go when we are faced with choices. We know you'll never lead us down the wrong path. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
How does God speak to you and guide you?


No comments:

Post a Comment