My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

May 4th 2006

My Heavenly Father,
     Thank you for this beautiful day. Forgive me of all my sins and help me be what you would have me be. I need you every hour of the night and day.
     Thank you for my family. Would you bless each of them and keep them close to you? Would you save the ones who are lost? I will give you all the praise.
     Thank you for our church and Pastor David and all of the staff and all the members. Draw us closer to you each day. I pray for Covenant and their new Pastor and his family and all the members, that they will be filled with the Holy Spirit. I pray for David's church and all the staff, bless David as head deacon. May they all be drawn closer to the Lord.
     Bless Deck, Myrl, and all the sick. Thank you that I feel better today.

"Jesus said, 'I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.'"
- John 6:35

     O God, show us the urgency of our need for scriptural nourishment. Amen.

I love you Lord Jesus and I praise you!

I thank you for every blessing you have given to me and for all you are going to do.

Thought for the Day:
Living well requires both physical and spiritual nourishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment