My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

Prune Cake

2 cups self rising flour
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
8oz. - 1 jar junior prunes
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice (I use apple pie spice)
1 cup salad oil

Beat on medium speed just until well blended, do not over beat. Bake in a 10 inch tube pan that has been greased and lightly floured. Bake 45 minutes in a 350° oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment