My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

Chocolate Pie

5 egg yolks
1 ½ cups sugar
3 to 4 tablespoons cocoa
6 tablespoons flour
4 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat egg yolks. Mix together the dry ingredients. Add milk and vanilla. Cook over low heat until thick. Put in 2 pie crust. Use whites of eggs for meringue.

I put the flour in the pan with about ½ cup cold water and stir it good on low heat until all the flour is mixed good with no lumps. Then I put cocoa and let it get all mixed with no lumps. Then I add sugar and most of the milk. When it gets hot and starts to get thick then I beat the egg yokes in the rest of the cold milk and add a cup of the hot mixture with it. Then pour it all back and cook slow until it gets thick. If you put the eggs in the hot mix it will scramble them.

No comments:

Post a Comment