My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

May 10th 2006

Dear Heavenly Father, 
     Thank you for this day. Forgive me of all my sins and help me be what you would have be me. I need you every hour of every day.
     Thank you for all of your many blessings. You have been there for me in all the good times and all the bad times. Each day I am getting older and weaker, but I know Lord Jesus that you will be with me until I take my very last step. Guide me as I struggle along. Help me make the right decisions and help me keep my faith in you and not to worry. I know you will leave me here until you are ready to take me home. Help me not be afraid of what will take place before I go. I know you will always be with me until the end. I love you and I praise you.


"The psalmist wrote, 'Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.'"
- Psalm 119:67

      Dear Lord, thank you for your word. Help us to keep it in our heart and share it where we are today. In Jesus name, Amen.

Thought for the Day:
When have I chosen the better path?

No comments:

Post a Comment