My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

June 19th 2006

My Heavenly Father,
     Thank you for this beautiful day. Forgive me of all my sins and help me be what you would have me be. I need you every hour of every day and night.
      I pray for my family - would you keep them close to you and meet all of their needs?
      Bless Lori today and help her with her treatments. Bless Dave as he goes back to work. Bless David and Sylvia as they take care of Lindsey. Bless Ted and all of his family.
      Bless Amy, Sandra said she was sick. She goes to the doctor Wednesday, don't let anything bad be wrong with her I pray.
      God, bless our country and our leaders. May they look to you for the wisdom to run our country.


"Confess your sins to one another and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective."
- James 5:16

     God of the world, help us to remember that all people -whether friend or enemy - need our prayers. Teach us to love others as you love us, as we pray "Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on heaven as in earth. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive everyone that is indebted to us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen"

Thought for the Day:
Pray for someone you have never prayed for before.

No comments:

Post a Comment