My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

Scripture to Remember

"You need endurance so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what was promised." 
- Hebrews 10:36

     God, guide our steps on the path that leads to you and grant us strength through the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
God works with us to help us become stronger.

"And the peace of God, which passeth all  understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:7

"Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means."
-2 Thessalonians 3:16

"Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
- John 14:27

"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord almighty."
- 2 Corinthians 6:18 NIV

     Dear Lord, teach us to trust you in every circumstance of life, knowing that you love us and desire for us only what is best. 

Thought for the Day:
Because God holds our hand, we can walk through life with confidence and peace.

     Dear God, remind us that we are surrounded by the examples of those who faithfully followed you. Help us to develop a daily walk with you.

Thought for the Day:
We are never alone as we run the race of faith.

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness."
- Lamentations 3:22-23 NRSV

     Dear God, we pray for your mercy on those we love who don't know you. We call on you to work in their lives and to save them. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
God's mercy and faithfulness gives us hope.

"I will wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning."
- Psalm 130:5-6 NIV

     Thought for the Day:
Give God time to speak to you every day.

"For this God is our God forever and ever, he will be our guide even unto death."
- Psalm 48:14

"Nevertheless I am continually with thee, thou has holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel and afterward receive me to glory."
- Psalm 73:23-24

"A man's heart deviseth his way, but the Lord directeth his steps."
- Proverbs 16:9

"My flesh and my heart faileth, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
- Psalm 73:26

"The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble."
- Psalm 9:9

No comments:

Post a Comment