My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

My Country Style Steak

1 can mushroom soup
1 pack onion mix

Roll steak in flour and brown on both sides. Mix soup together and two cans water. When it starts to boil good turn down to low and cook at least an hour, more if you can

When I cook a lot of steak I add more soup.

***

When I want to fry some good chicken, I soak my chicken in buttermilk for an hour, sometimes overnight. Take it out of the buttermilk and roll in flour, salt and pepper. Cook in frying pan until golden brown on low heat. Very good.

Take chicken out of pan and put 3 tablespoons flour in grease and brown in the pan (add salt & pepper) and then put a glass or two of cold water, stir til thickens and have good gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment