My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

Hold Me

Mrs. Payne sang this in our class one Sunday, and I just loved it...

Sometimes the little girl in me wants to climb on my Father's knee.
When the world outside gets too big for me,
When the fears are too great for me to hid, and my dreams have almost died.
He always understands when I say...

Hold me, Hold me, I'm so afraid of the storm.
Hold me, Hold me, I'll be safe in my Father's arms.

Now that I have grown up tall, that doesn't mean I'm brave at all.
But oh, I want so much to serve You, so I'll follow if You lead the way.
If I know you're not too far away, 
Just close enough to hear me when I say...

Hold me, Hold me, I'm so afraid of the storm.
Hold me, Hold me, I'll be safe in my Father's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment