My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

April 29th 2006

My Heavenly Father, 
     Thank you for this beautiful day. Forgive me of all my sins and help me be what you would have me be. I need you every hour of the day and night.
     Thank you so much for the wonderful dinner we had last night for my birthday. Thank you for my wonderful family. Bless them and keep them close to you. 
     Thank you for the wonderful son and daughter you sent to me. They have been so good to me. I love both of them so very much. Bless them and their families and give them the desires of their heart. 
     Lewis is coming to plant trees in my yard today. I want to plant them in memory of Mickey, my beloved son who is with you now. He told Lewis to look after me, and Father he has. I pray that Mickey knows how good he is to me. Thank you Mickey, I love you.

"Do not love the world or the things in the world. The world and its desires are passing away, but those who do the will of God live forever."
- 1 John 2:15

     Loving God, Help us to stay as far away from trouble as possible. Help us to seek you, not worldly pleasures. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
Where am I most likely to get stuck?

I love you Lord Jesus and I praise you!


I thank you for every blessing you have ever given to me.


Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment