My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

June 13th 2006

My Heavenly Father,
     Thank you for this day. It looks like it will rain and you know we need it. Forgive me of all my sins and help me be what you would have me be. I need you every hour of every day and night. I need your Holy Spirit with me all the time to tell me when I do or say anything that is wrong. Thank you for your Holy Spirit that lives in us. I praise you for saying "I won't leave you, I will send my Spirit to comfort you." Praise you Jesus!
     Thank you for my family. I thank you that Bill, Sandra, and the girls are living for you. I pray for Lori. I pray that she will get well soon so she can raise her little girl. I pray for Dave. I know he is having a hard time, be with him and Lindsey.
     Thank you that Ted was better yesterday. I pray for him and his family.


"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." - Matthew 5:4

     Thank you, God, for being ready always to take us in your arms and comfort us. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
Am I ready to give and receive comfort?

I love you Lord Jesus and I praise you.

I thank you for every blessing you have given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment