My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

Because He Lives

     When I was young I was always saying, "I wish I had this" or "I wish I had that" and Mama would always say, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. And if turnips were watches, we would wear one on each side." I would say, "Mama, do you have to say that every time I want something." She would just smile.

     Sometimes I would ask, "Why do we have so much trouble?" She would say, "I'd rather have trouble in this world than in the next world." I feel the same way that she did.

***

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds my future, 
and life is worth the living,
just because He lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment