My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

May 18th 2006

My Heavenly Father,
      Thank you for this beautiful day. Forgive me of all my sins and help me be what you would have me be. I need you every hour of the day and night.
     Today would have been Louie's birthday. He would have been 81 years old, and he died when he was 34 years old. He has been gone 46 years. He missed seeing his children grow up, and his grandchildren, and his great-grandchildren. I know he would have loved them so much. He would have been crazy about the girls, he loved Sandra so much.
     I am so thankful for him, even now he is helping me. The V.A. helps me so much, and if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have it. He was my first love, and I will always love him. I went over most of the world with him in the sixteen years we were together. I pray he is happy now. 

"The psalmist wrote, I sought the Lord and he answered me, he delivered me from all my fears."
- Psalm 34:4

     Dear God, when we suffer unexplainable pain, may we rely on you for comfort. Amen.

Thought for the Day:
Trust God through the tears.

I love you Lord Jesus and I praise you!

Thank you for every blessing you have given to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment