My mom once gave my Great-Grandmother a journal and asked her to fill it with advice, guidance, prayers, scripture, and memories. She wanted it to be personalized, something she could share with my sister and I and treasure for years to come. My Great-Grandmother was an inspirational woman. She lived a hard life, but she never ceased to give God praise. Her wisdom deserves to be shared, not just within our family, but with anyone who will listen.

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1 - 8oz. cream cheese
3 - sticks Blue Bonnet Margarine
6 - large eggs
3 - cups sugar
3 - cups cake flour - I use Swan's Down
1 ½ tsp. Vanilla
Pinch of Salt

Let margarine and cream cheese soften. Add sugar and beat thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time. Fold in flour, add vanilla and salt. Bake 1 ½ hours at 325° in a preheated oven.

Good Luck!

     When making a cake, always have eggs, butter, and milk at room temperature and sift flour two times. Grease your pan and sprinkle a little flour in it so it won't stick to the pan - no one told me this and I made a mess a lot of times. Mama told me not to jump on the floor or your cake will fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment